|Edition||1st Published, 2017|
|Number of Pages||175|
putulnacher itikotha pd -manik-bondhopadhai Book Review:
This is the 3rd novel of Manik Bandyopadhyay that I read .. Before that I also read “Padmanadir Majhi” which is another timeless novel of Manik Bandyopadhyay … I read “Chatushkon” a few days ago, I also liked that novel .. And now after reading “Puppet Dance Itikatha” I finished reading one of the best novels in my life .. Manik Bandyopadhyay was also influenced by Rabindranath and Saratchandra .. But Manik Bandyopadhyay could not fully accept the middle-class heartbeat that can be seen in Saratchandra’s writings .. Who wants to see life .. which you can understand by reading this novel ..
“Puppet Dance Itikatha” is a social novel which was published in 1936. In the novel, Manik Bandyopadhyay has succeeded in portraying the image of a special period of the British era in rural Bengal very well. The blind faith, orthodoxy, caste, social and psychological complexities of the villagers This novel is about the triumph of superstition .. In the rural society, young and old, educated and uneducated, all their thoughts and ideas should be tied in the same thread .. Everyone is being driven like a puppet by pulling the same thread .. The author says about the cowardly mind of the villagers. Loves to do .. ”
The protagonist of the novel “Shashi” is a British returnee doctor .. The author has portrayed the scientific point of view in the village through him .. But Shashi could not be completely free from the reforms of the village .. Besides Shashi’s friend Paran, Paran’s wife Kusum, Paran’s sister Moti, Shashi’s friend Kumud, Jamini Kabiraj, Jamini Kabiraj’s wife Sendidi, Yadav .. were full of different characters .. The writer has very well portrayed one of the characteristics of each character .. All the people of that village do not believe in the same mentality, blind faith Caught ..
To me, the most interesting character in the novel seems to be “Kumud” .. He has no thoughts about life .. The author says about him that “the joy of living life is out of place ..”
After reading the novel, every character is bound to be built in your head … The characters will revolve in my head for several days .. In the end, the novel can be called an impeccable creation and resource of Bengali literature ..
Some of the novel’s favorite quotes-
* The more money there is in the world, the more women there are, the more forms there are ..
* Life does not give happiness if you do not respect life .. Exchange of joy with respect, this is the way of the god of life ..
* It is difficult to mix with the boy when he grows up .. He is not a friend, not a killer, not a superior, what is the relationship with the old boy, God knows ..
* People can’t take care of Priya .. Who can be made a man by teaching like a girl can’t be placed in Priya’s seat ..
* The world is surrounded by truth and lies .. Lies also have greatness .. The lure of lies can drive thousands of people crazy .. Lies can be true forever ..
* People can be wrong about everything but people are never wrong about breaking mistakes ..
* Man is not made of iron, he will remain the same forever, will not change ..
* Girl people are like this, they are like that, they are like that, they are just like the mind ..